If you follow me on Foursquare, you might have noticed that I’ve been spending an awful lot of time at Fitness First in the last few months even unlocking the elusive gym rat badge
Being a right geek, I have been using a number of iPhone apps, which have really helped me track my progress over the last few months and are worth looking into:
- My Fitness Pal (Free): a great little app which lets you track the calories you consume, to help you achieve your nutrition goals. The barcode scanner which instantly displays nutritional values is genius.
- Nike+ GPS: A fantastic running app which tracks your runs, distance complete, speed and map. A must have
- Runkeeper (free): Don’t want to pay for apps? Runkeeper is a fantastic free alternative to go Nike+ GPS with a thriving community of runners!
- Nike Training Club (free) is an workout app primarily geared towards women offering different training sessions, “Get Lean,” “Get Toned,” “Get Strong,” and “Get Focused” for all levels and body types.
- Want to work on certain muscle groups? iMuscle (£1.49) shows you the best exercises for each muscle group
Last but certainly not least, I’ve been working on my personal trainer’s website, SW Fitness, which we recently soft launched, and needs a little SEO boost. We’re still ironing a few things out but things are looking good.
I’ve been training with Spencer since May and I’ve so far achieved some amazing results considering I used to be a heavy smoker and hadn’t exercised properly in years. Every training session is fun and focussed and there isn’t much Spence doesn’t know about nutrition, weight loss and toning.
If you’re looking for a kick arse personal trainer in Clapham / South West London, Spence is your guy! And in case you’re wondering, he is not on Twitter yet but we’re working on it!